The August 2017 issue of our parish paper is now available on our sister congregation’s website here. It includes a sermon by Fr. Bradford and articles and writings by noted authors, as well as news and notes for our combined community and congregation, and announcements of upcoming events.
This issue features the following:
- “Great Conversion Stories,” an article by John Janaro, Associate Professor Emeritus of Theology in Christendom College
- “Place Our Hope on the Event of Christ,” an excerpt by Msgr. Lorenzo Albacete, a Puerto Rican theologian, scientist, and a leader of the international Catholic movement, Communion and Liberation.
- “Two Sides of the Same Coin,” a sermon by Father Richard Bradford
- “God Does the Most Essential, excerpt from Edith Stein’s Self-portrait in Letters; she was St. Teresa Benedicta of the Cross, a German philosopher and convert to Catholicism from Judaism, and put to death at Auschwitz in 1942
- “The Head and Body of Christ” by Saint John Eudes, who gave a firm doctrinal basis for devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus
- “Truth in Advertising,” an excerpt by Reverend Prof. Stephen Noll, an Anglican clergyman who taught for many years at Trinity School for Ministry in Ambridge, Pa., and in Uganda
- “Christ Counts for Us,” an excerpt from Images of Hope: Meditations on Major Feasts, by Pope Benedict XVI
If you signed up to receive Contra Mundum by mail, you should receive your copy soon. You can have the paper mailed to you by sending a message with your address to email@example.com.
You can read this and all of the issues back to 1998 here.