The February 2018 issue of our parish paper is now available on the Congregation of Saint Athanasius’ website here. This issue includes a sermon by Fr. Bradford and articles and writings by noted authors, as well as news and notes for our combined community and congregation, and announcements of upcoming events.
This issue features the following:
- “Candlemas: a Feast of Light,” an article by by the Provost, which appeared in The Oratory Parish Magazine, a publication of the Brompton (London) Oratory
- “The Father’s Answer Was Yes,” a sermon preached by Father Bradford in the Saint Gregory the Great Ordinariate Parish, Stoneham, Massachusetts on the Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter, February 22, 2016
- “Turning Government into God,” an article by G.K. Chesterton, which first appeared in the New York American on July 9, 1932
- “The Opportunities of Lent,” an excerpt from one of the 96 sermons of Saint Leo the Great that survive
- “No Christmas Carols in India,” an excerpt from an article published in the December 25, 2017 edition of The New York Times
- “Saint Anthony of Egypt” who lived from c.251-356; his feast day is January 17th, a Wednesday this year.